New Year, new Glossybox? So apparently the box was redesigned this month...
so, yea. It's pretty much the same. The box was more shiny and there was a different ribbon. Bout all I noticed anyway! Nothing desperately exciting! This was meant to be my last Glossybox but since hearing we're meant to be getting a Ciate polish in the Valentine's one, I'm hanging on for February, then I need to start saving money so it really has to go! Plus they seem to charge you for them really quickly at the moment, like they charged for the Febraury box on the like the 5th, before I really had to chance to decide what I was going to do! But if I get a Ciate, that at least softens the blow I guess. Anyhoo, let's get onto January's box. Well, again, I just wasn't overly impressed. Let's see how.
Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream: Full size £13.50
This, I've definatley tried in a box before and was never really bothered by it then either. It's meant to revamp your skin and protect it from the elements. It's trying to be the 8 hour cream I think. And it just doesn't get there. Handy size for the handbag to help with dry patches, but otherwise, I'm just not bothered!
Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash: Full Size £10.25
I dunno what it is with Glossybox and balance me products. But, generally, I've had enough of receiving them. They are always very floral smelling (bleurgh!) and they just don't entice me at all. I would never pay the full price for any of their products at all. I appreciate that their organic and natural products, but still! Give us something different rather than a shower gel I'll end up saving to take travelling!
Vintage Cosmetics Company Floral Tweezers : £8
Awww. Cute. But at the end of the day? It's just a pair of tweezers. They do work well, and they look pretty, but they do seem expensive for basic tweezers with a pattern.
Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion: Full Size £4.99
Vaseline Lotion. I can easily pick this up in Boots. Which makes it less exciting really. This has pure oat extract in it, which means it smells rather odd. Not unpleasant but kinda odd. It does the job and is a good moisturiser, just not overly exciting I guess. If I'd wanted to try this I probably would have bought it already myself.
Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches: Full Size £6 for 3
Now, I do love me almost anything from Anatomicals. Mostly because of their names and the blurb on the products that makes you laugh. I've used these previously so I did actually appreciate getting more of the them. They generally revitalise your eye area and are cooling as well. Lovely stuff. So, all in all a bit of a miss mash this month, some good and some annoyingly familiar. I must be picky that I just want to see something I couldn't find down the shops, or to try something I might normally be able to afford and these days I feel Glossybox is going more high street and there's just less of that! Here's hoping the valentines box is good anyway, I'll aim to get the post up quicker this time I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment