Friday, 28 February 2014

Empties - February 2014

So, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and get on with this empties malarkey! I love watching these videos on YouTube, so I thought I would do one every so often on the blog to show you guys what products I've been loving just that much that I've used them up totally! Let's face it, essentially this is a post about my rubbish. But hey, it might be interesting! Only a few products this month that were worth showing here, so I'll need to collect more for next time I guess! So, let's get a start on the products! Apologises in advance for the pictures, they were slightly rushed!
 
Lush - Snow Fairy Showergel/Shampoo
 
 
It's official, I am addicted to this stuff. Every time Christmas comes around, I hit Lush to treat myself to this beauty. I've been buying it for years anyway! It does take me a while to get through a bottle, mostly because I like to actually use this as a shampoo. It used to state on the bottle that it was a showergel/shampoo but there's no mention on this more recent packaging. But still, I love to use it on my hair. It makes it smell like candy floss. What's not to like? I find the scent lingers on my hair as well, more so than it does if I were to just use it as a shower gel anyhoo. Top product, more to come as soon as I can buy it again I would think!
 
Givenchy - Noir Couture Mascara Sample
 
 
I recently discovered this again, after getting it a Glossybox a while back and never using it. Just decided I would try and get it used up! It's got a weird wand with different sections on it and I found that this helped with volume on my lashes. It did begin to flake a little by the end of the day, but it did make my lashes look good all of my working day, so I stuck it out and got it used up. I would never pay the full price for this whatsoever though, so although it was a decent mascara, I have cheaper ones that do the same really.
 
Macadamia - Nourishing Leave in Cream
 
 
This is a leave in texturizing cream from macadamia. This means mostly that it smells insanely yummy. Like most macadamia products really! I used this on days I wasn't going to straighten my hair, so it would help give my curls texture and help them last a little longer. Since this ran out I've switched to a tigi product for my curls and they are both performing similarly so I'll maybe investigate if I can find a cheaper alternative when that runs out. I only tend to wear my hair curly on my 2 days off a week, so it will take me some time to get through my current product, but cheaper is what I'll look for next! Well, why not?
 
Urban Decay - All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray
 
 
Now, this product has taken me forever to use up. I honestly cannot remember when I bought it originally. It took me some time to start using it every day, I literally used to save it for nights out so it would help my makeup last all night, rather than using it to help it last all day as well. But hooray for youtubers using it in tutorials and I swapped to using it every day. I think it does help my make up last that bit longer, and I notice less creasing etc with my eyeshadows than I do when I've not used the spray. Really good product, I would buy again if I could afford to do so and now Urban Decay have lots of different versions of this spray so I'll need to investigate which one will suit me best first. At the moment I've done my usual and swapped to a cheaper alternative for now to see how it works for me. I couldn't really argue paying £3 for a similar product from MUA. Worth a shot I say!
 
That's it then! I hope this is actually interesting to you guys, please let me know if you want to see these posts more regularly and I'll do my best to remember and save my empty products to show off!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment