Friday, 10 January 2014

Birchbox November 2013

 
So, welcome to another late review. ahem. This is the Birchbox from November. Some immense items. Some already gone! Let's just get right to it!
 
 
Getting started with the random items first. This is bust oil. Uh-huh. I totally needed that? I had no idea it was an item I could need to be honest! I had a mess about with it for a few tries, but not a product I ever thought about buying really, think I'll put this to one side. ahem.
 
 
Random item number 2. A selection of tea. Apparently it's quite nice. If you drink tea. Which I do not. Slight backfire there. Not sure I can update this section in my beauty profile though!
 
 
We're back to perfume samples again. Nooooo! This is from English Laundry. It smells very floral. Bout all there is to say about that!
 
 
A funky pencil sharpener from Birchbox. Very handy, these types of random things I appreciate! Win!
 
 
This is a highlighter pen. Pretty handy. And very subtle colour on the skin. Nice to try something different in this case anyway!
 
 
Weleda Oat shampoo for dry and damaged hair. Well, I definitely have dry and damaged hair, so this was worth a shot. I didn't really appreciate the smell and it left my hair feeling quite odd. Not sure if its a more clarifying shampoo? I used it up anyway, but its around £8 a bottle, I don't tend to spend that much on shampoo anyhoo.
 
 
Finally, this is why Birchbox is so clearly leading the way at the moment. Hello, Laura Mercier. A very generous sample of the Ambre Vanilla body crème. Oh my goodness. I am not a fan of vanilla normally, but holy crap this stuff was gorgeous. I savoured it for ages, using it only on my arms. And I felt like I could smell it at all times of the day. Just immense. I now lust after the full size. I stare at it in Harvey Nicholls. Then I remember I can't afford it. My birthday's not til next November, but I might ask for this. oh yes.
 
In general, the Laura Mercier made this box for me. Simple really! I do like the fact that if Birchbox gives you random things like samples or tea, you also still get a good number of decent items. I'll be sticking with Birchbox I think. So expect more reviews! yey!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment