Wednesday, 9 October 2013

The Liebster Award


So, I've discovered I was nominated for this award. How loverly! The lovely Abbie Lou from A Beautiful Delight was kind enough to nominate me for this, so thank you so much dearie! This awards seems to recognise newer or smaller bloggers and helps us get noticed, so it can only be a good thing really I think!

There's a set of rules to go alongside this so here goes:
  • link back to the blogger who nominated you
  • give 11 random facts about yourself
  • ask 11 questions decided by the nominator
  • nominate 11 others bloggers to received the award (they must have less than 200 followers)
  • create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  • letting your nominees know on their blog that you have nominated them
Ok, firstly let's get my random facts out the way:
  1. I'm sure you all might know this already. But I have an addiction. Nail Polish. I think I'm at about 400 bottles right now, possibly more.
  2. I am currently 29. The next birthday is getting closer on the horizon though, doh!
  3. I work in retail. Fun sometimes, often not. I often think I need a job where I can't be called rude awful names by customers, funny that.
  4. I randomly decided last year to go to college to study Nail Care as I wanted to be qualified in something that really interested me. I loved it.
  5. I met my boyfriend in high school. Awwww. We've been together 13 years almost now.
  6. I am quite an organised person, I love making lists. Yup, Sad.
  7. Addiction number 2 is stationary. I might not need any of it, but I want it goddammit.
  8. My new favourite shop is Tiger. It involves cheap but funky stationary and kewl home products. I could spend ages in there.
  9. I have no idea what I want to do with life as yet, it's getting a tad late I realise. This does panic me of sorts. From time to time.
  10. Addiction 3 is instagram. I love that thing. I post random stuff and I can't help it (@boredatthenailbar - shameless plug!)
  11. I burn Christmas candles whenever I feel like it. They make me happy. Simple as.
These are Abbie's questions she set out:
  1. What's your favourite perfume? -  I am obsessed with Molecule One by essentric molecules. My current bottle is nearly done and it's heartbreaking!
  2. What's your favourite online shop?  - right now it's rainbow-connection.co.uk a site selling indie nail polishes in the UK, hooray for cheaper shipping and getting my hands on fabby new polishes! I also love etsy in general, and could spend hours on there!
  3. Who is your favourite style icon? - to be honest, I don't really have one!
  4. Lipstick or lipgloss? - I'm new to either really, but think I prefer lipstick to have a more intense colour
  5. Eat out or order in? - I enjoy either! Nice to be treated to a nice meal out sometimes though.
  6. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter? - probably Autumn, no snow, but not as hot as summer. Plus I love the dark colours that go alongside it. And wrapping up in warm jumpers!
  7. What is your favourite quote? - "What makes life dreary, is the want of a motive" George Eliot.
  8. What is your most valued possession? - a locket I was given when I was little, it has my initials on it with my date of birth. Its an unique shape and I only wear it on special occasions.
  9. What is at the top of your to-do list in life? - gosh, this is difficult. As I said above I really have no idea what I want to do with my life. Generally, being happy is obviously very important and more recently I would say having children was growing in importance too though, but no clear path as yet.
  10. Name one product you always repurchase? -  Collection's lasting perfection concealer in light, this has become my favourite concealer of late.
  11. If you could meet one Youtuber or Blogger, who would it be? - I'd love to meet Sprinkle of Glitter - I love her youtube channel and her blog. Always brightens my day.
11 bloggers I'd like to nominate:
  1. Skye
  2. Chantelle
  3. Jayne
  4. Lorna
  5. Rachel
  6. Lisa
  7. Megan
  8. Jade
  9. Mellissa
  10. MissMelvis
  11. Natalie

My 11 questions for them to answer!
  1. What's in your most recent haul?
  2. What's your favourite book?
  3. What's your most used nail polish?
  4. Name the app you most use on your smart phone?
  5. Can't live without beauty product?
  6. Most embarrassing story involving you?
  7. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
  8. What is your most used piece of technology?
  9. Favourite blog you would recommend to others?
  10. Name someone you always watch on YouTube
  11. Name your beauty addiction!
Well, longest post ever it seems! Go check out these lovely girlies and give them a follow - hopefully they will be answering these wee questions sometime soon!

Night one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment