Well, after doing so well with my Glossybox post, I'm now uselessly late with this one! Sorry guys! Anyhoo! September's box was all about bringing backstage tools into real life, so we got a selection of products popular with makeup artists and models etc. Firstly, I have to admit something. Apparently there was a teeny bar of Green and Black's chocolate in the box. I barely remember it. I must have inhaled it. Oops.
Ok. You guys know I have issues with nail polish, and I generally appreciate getting it in beauty boxes. But this? Not good. I admit, I am a tad of a polish snob, but this polish from Reverence de Bastien is apparently worth £16. You wouldn't catch me paying that for it. Or buying it in general. I swatched it, it was gloopy and dried that way too. Another colour might have helped, coz this one was just not me as well. Overall, first item, not fab.
Secondly, we have a Party Proof lipstick from ModelCo. The formula on this is nice and it feels quite moisturising, but again, I've not done well on the colour. This is just too pale for me and makes me look a little odd! Will probably suit my Mum better, so it might be getting passed on I think! I do like the fact it has a mirror on the end of the lid though, nice feature!
This product is mystic diamond hair oil by Eva cosmetics. It's an Argan oil with diamond pigments inside to help provide shine. I've been using this since I got it instead of my usual Mythic oil. It's been good so far, and smells nice. But my Mythic oil will easily beat it on price, no way would I be paying £23 for a full size bottle of this! Only complaint I really have on it, is the packaging. The lid sort of snaps off at the top and you have to tip it up to get the oil out, so often you get too much.
Ahh, the classic. Bioderma. I have to say, I already own a full size bottle (as in 500ml!) of this product, so I loved it beforehand. This sample is a good travel size for a few days away though, so I'll keep it safe for that. This product is amazing at taking off makeup and is gentle on skin, so generally a winner all round!
Finally, the accompanying body lotion to my shower gel from last month. This is the Ylang-Ylang lotion from Molton Brown. I love it. A very light lotion and it smells really pleasant. Shame it's such a small size! I might well be asking for some of this for my upcoming birthday, so hopefully I'll get to use it more often soon!
Overall, I liked this box. I feel Birchbox is getting better lately and I'm finding it hard to decide whether it or Glossybox is winning at the moment. Hopefully, October's box will be just as good as recent boxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment