So, August's Birchbox was rather exciting - a combo with Instyle magazine it was set up to feature a few of the magazine's favourite cult products. It was quite a good selection indeedy! So let's get onto it!
This is a makeup primer from Gerda Spillman called Hyrdo Pearls. It works really well and goes on easily to make a good smooth base for foundation. Can't say I'll be buying the full size though, it's a tad on the expensive side at £30...
A lovely gel eyemask thrown in, very handy! I thought it would be a great product for going to New York so it got stuck in my 'stuff for New York bag', but unfortunately I am no longer going on this trip. Perhaps more on this in another post.
SkinLife Energetic Cellular Cream by Bluemandarines. This has a lovely smell - it reminded me of sun cream and holidays, and it was a good product to boot. Excellent stuff. I used in the morning and found it relived even my dry skin, it was a tad thinner than the creams I normally use that's the only thing I found odd. But I've used it all up - so must be decent, but here again the price tag would keep me from buying it again - this one is £35. Ouch.
These are supplements by Inner Me meant to help you get 'lustrious locks' and helps nails too. I'm not one who normally takes these things, but I will give it a shot and report back! Can't real hurt me I guess!
Onto the Instyle picks now, starting with the cult classis Elasticizer by Philip Kingsley. This is a great product I have had in a box before and when I can be bothered using it, it does make a huge difference to the look and condition of my hair. It does annoy me that you have to apply it to damp hair then sit around for 20 minutes before you can move onto shampooing and conditioning normally - maybe that's just a laziness thing!
Lip Pencil by Laqa and Co - a nice mini product and moisturising on the lips. Touch too light a colour for me however, so this might be getting passed on!
Finally, a classic. Ahhhhh, Molton Brown. How I wish I could afford anything from this brand on a regular basis. I generally love it all. This is a body wash with the scent of Ylang Ylang. Lovely stuff. Gone already, what more can I say?
Well definitely a bumper box in August, with some really good things I might not have tried otherwise. Hoping September keeps the good selections going! I will try and get that post up on time for once as well! I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment