The first product I had a good go at was the Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara. This came in a handy sample size and it's nice to try a mascara I might have backed away from simply due to the price (£22.50). I have been looking for a new mascara recently so I was intrigued to see if this would be worth the investment. It's got the weirdest wand I have ever seen. It's got 3 bumps in it just looks plain odd. But! It does the job. I like this mascara, my lashes were defined and looked longer, not a great curl, but a great overall look. It'll be coming on holiday with me that's for sure!
Caudalie is quite the cult brand of recent. A lot of bloggers and Youtubers swear by some of their products and keep going back for more so this intrigued me. This is the divine oil which is meant for use on the body, face, hair, nails or it could be added to bath as well. I've been using this mostly on my legs and my nails and cuticles. I find that if I put it on my cuticles before I go to bed they are much softer in the morning. And the smell, it's amazing. Just pleasant and comforting really.
This is Harmony Balm by Premae. It's said to be a great multi-tasker - being a moisturiser, skin protector and a primer in one. I've been using it a lot and enjoying it. My skin is quite matt after use and it does seem to act as a primer, helping my base to stay put for longer in the day. It also smells pretty nice of simple aloe vera and I feel like it's doing my skin good when I use it. Another product due to be coming on holiday with me!
This kinda non-descript looking product is a 'prime and create mixing medium' by Beautiful Movements Cosmetics. You can use it alone as a primer, mix it with foundation or with eyeshadow pigments to create liquid eyeliners. I've been trying it as a primer for the moment but I'm looking forward to using it as a liner with my Illamasqua Pigments I never seem to use these days. Will let you guys know the results! As a primer it's very soft and I hardly use any to get good coverage and to help my makeup stick. Pretty good so far!
Hooray! A nail polish, and by Nails Inc no less. Fabby. This is in the neon shade called Portobello. Not really my type of colour but I'll give it a shot for the summer. Quite like Nails Inc polishes so happy with this, shame it's a itsy bitsy size though!
And a wee present..awwww these mini nail files disappeared straight into my handbag, great useful stuff! Overall, a good selection for May I think, I do like the fact I will use everything in this box, such a plus point!
Glossybox can be ordered from www.glossybox.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment